the Immigration Test, see whether you could
become an American!
Dank an Jochen Lüders
"Nighthawks" by Edward Hopper
1. Describe "Nighthawks" so that someone who has not seen the painting can visualize it.
2. Why do you think Hopper chose to give his painting the title "Nighthawks"?
3. What could the four people in the picture be thinking? Write two interior monologues!
4. Emily Auerbach thinks that "Art (may be able to) break down barriers and give life shape and meaning". To what extent would you agree with her concerning "Nighthawks"? Discuss in about 200 words!
in "Tortilla Curtain"
Storywriting - Tortilla Curtain
Analysis of a Short Story - "The story of an hour" by
Presentation of a
1. Look at the film`s webpage, inform yourself about the different
2. Imagine you are a script writer. You have "seen" the first half of the film and now have to continue the script.
Write a dialogue for one of the following two scenes!
Lester, Jane, Carolyn
At the dining table, Lester tells Jane that he has quit his job. How will Jane and Carolyn react?
Lester is at home when Carolyn arrives. He tries to talk to her about the really important things in life. How will she react?
American History: We
didn't start the Fire by Billy Joel
Presidential Election 2008